Saturday, 16 June 2007

Now a reason to post

Having had this site for a while I finally have a use for this blog and the site of the same name.

I have signed up for a 9 day, 700km stage race in the Himalayan foothills this October...on a singlespeed.

Yep, fixed will be well and truely fucked on the 14km descents so I will be taking a freewheel for those crazy downs but I will keep the fixed side for the climbs...and there will be plenty of that!

I will be keeping people sad enough to follow my ramblings up to date with my training, kit selection and other logistics involved with doing a race in some damn big hills thousands of miles from home.

The local paper have already been in touch for an interview and a photographer will be round for the cheesy shot of me and the bike. I am hoping that I can pick up some sort of sponsorship to help out with the cost as it is totally self-funded at the moment.

My alter-ego / weekend job Solitude Cycles is running a comp to win a custom frame, only £10 a ticket and you can enter as many times as you want...all the correct answers will go into a hat. See the full info HERE.

As its been a busy day I am signing off now...more to follow.

Alex

No comments: