Monday, 25 June 2007

Read all about it! Nutter to ride Himalayas on singlespeed!

Yep, I have appeared in the local rag (with obligatory dodgy photo, thankfully not visible on-line!) and they got all the facts correct...a relief to say the least! Only 30mins after it went on the website I was rung up by a charity asking if I would use the trip to raise money for them. I should be meeting with them later in the week to thrash out details so look out for more info on who it is and how to donate to them :)

Tyres should be sorted thanks to Simon at M+L who import Kenda, I think a pair of Small Block 8's in 29x2.2" should do the trick nicely...as long as the monsoon is over by then!

I am off to Brum tomorrow to the Indian High Commission to get my visa. Two dodgy photos and £30 are all you need, oh, and really small hand writing to get all the info on the form! As its a "first come, first served" system I plan to be there early to avoid wasting half the day.

EDIT: B'ham will have to wait until next week as Becca is oop north today so I am in Cheltenham sorting other stuff! Registering with a Dr, getting some prescription riding glasses and a test-pack are on the list.

Due to the weather I will be fitting a slick to the back of my bike and riding intervals all this week, with luck the weekend should be better so a trip to the FoD should be on the cards (as it drains better down there than on the Cotswold clay!) My shoulder is not 95-98% OK and only really hurts when I press on it in one small place so I can get back on the bike and actually steer ;)

More photos of the 2005 MTB Himanchal race can be found HERE thanks to Cass from Out There Biking who runs tours of the area if you don't fancy racing :)

Over n out

Alex

No comments: