Saturday, 25 August 2007

The BIG test

This weekend will be the big test for me and the kit. On Sunday we have a 75km+ epic planned taking in 1450m of vertical ascent. To follow up there is a "big" ride in the FoD with the Ashton club that Sheldon has warned me "includes some climbing"...bring it on :)

I am also planning more after work rides and will be charging all the batteries so I can run my home-brew LED lights and plan on making another mini helmet light that runs on 2 AAs and gives out 3w of light (about a 10w halogen eqv.) for 2hrs+.

I have just got off the phone with Emily at the Glos Echo about the trip and hope to snag some more sponsorship. I have put a post on STW but still to get any £££ out of it although the good wishes help :)

On a (sort of related point) I am looking for an on-line copy of the Orange mobile phone advert with the film producer running in the park yells to his personal trainer who is trying drag him back on some raines "Gunther, make me bleeeeeed!" I seem to be one of the few people who have seen it and some frineds think I am mad!

Later

Alex

3 comments:

miketually said...

Good luck this weekend. Next Sunday I'm riding the Hell O' The North on my Solitude - 100 miles on the road from Darlington over the Pennines and back (Hawes, Kirkby Stephen, Middleton-in-Teesdale...). I have flipped the rear wheel, so I'll be singlespeeding it :)

Alex said...

That sounds like a pretty tough ride...just check the chain ring bolts :)

Good luck

Alex

miketually said...

Every ride :)