Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Ok, I have been slack

Not much riding or blogging going on and a stack of other things to do as well. Sundays are lazy days with bad weather outside providing the soundtrack and Tuesdays have been "work through the list" days.

Looking at fitting some Conti Twister 42c to the Solly as with the mud I will need something that won't clog and if its really bad not hold me back on the road too much!

Still some photos from India and Sheldons Long Mynd Ride to up-load / fettle.

My hardly used WB Magic-29 forks are on EBay as I am really rocking the On-One carbons again. Starting price of £199 and only a few days to run.

Thats about it.

Alex

5 comments:

miketually said...

I run the Conti Twister 42c on mine. They're a great tyre; they coped with the bit of the SSUK course that I managed to complete before ripping the chainring off with my "awesome powaah" and were fine on the Hell O' The North century road ride.

Alex said...

The tyres were bought for Becca on her Hell fo the North Cotswolds early this year...I would run my Mutano 44c's but they are shredded and 3 yeras old!

I guess if I can manage on 42cs I might look at an MC MonsterCross (and possibly divorce!)

Alex

miketually said...

I haven't done a 'proper' MTB ride on the skinny tyres yet. I keep thinking about getting some 2" 29er tyres, but until I've tried the 42cs around Hamsterley on a group ride I don't want to risk wasting the cash.

There's a group ride in Jamsterley on the 8th. I might take the Solitude on that, although the HTB lot think I'm odd enough already, riding a rigid ss with V brakes off-road and riding to the forest. Drop bars, big wheels and skinny tyres might be a weirdness too far :)

Alex said...

No, go with the weird. If you can grow a beard and find some tweed plus-4s I think that it would finish off "the look"

:)

Alex

miketually said...

I've got some Tracksters. They've got a hole in the knee. Will they do?