Yeah, sorry for that. I would say that I had nothing to report but that would be a lie. In the last 2 weeks I have:
1) Been really ill...you don't want any more info!
2) Seen my (useless) Doctor (see point 1)...never again
3) Visited IceBike trade show and listened to a seminar by Jay Townley...that guy talks lots of sense.
4) Got a new job...not involving bikes!
5) Given my notice at my current job
6) Did the silly fixie thing of trapping my finger in the drivechain while cleaing it!
7) Not written anything on my blog :)
Pretty tame stuff compared to Jill and Geoff who had to scratch the Iditarod race after frostbite / knee problems...get well soon guys. Shaggy John is well on his way into that race and was 3rd to the first check point at 57miles! Go John!
Becca has signed up for the Mountain Mayhem 24h in Solo Singlespeed Womens class...her first ever 24hr and I'm playing pit-bitch / moral support / mechanic / chef.... Currently trying out a new SBC Sonoma Ladies saddle, as her old Terry Gella Bella and Madison L21 were knackered, in advance of the HoNC 100km a month away.
I have signed up for the "Welsh Ride Thing" which is a GDR-alike over 3days in mid-Wales (ok, so pretty tame!) I am currently trying to plan what I really need and what can stay at home as I will be hitting some big hills and walking quite a bit. I have fitted some flat pedals and Powergrips to the Solitude so I can wear my SBC Taho shoes (sans cleats) as they are easier to walk in and don't look too odd in the pub! Its a little odd and quite hard getting your feet in them while pedaling but with a little more practice I will get my 2nd foot in with out kicking the pedal of having it kick me!
Top tip: Mule Bars, particularly the Liquorice and fennel seed one....Yum!